This dish is, in fact, that which is featured on our homepage. It was a big hit amongst friends and family when we initially experimented with the recipe.
This marinated mushroom dish has a special ingredient which most might not have thought of. The flavours together are perfectly balanced and the result is a side which can go along with any dish, on its own as a light lunch or as a part of a sandwich.
We have looked forward to sharing this dish with you.
Himalayan Pink Salt
Tellicherry Black Pepper, freshly ground
Chives, freshly chopped
Tomato paste (optional)
Secret ingredient:- Black tea*
Method (pre-heat the oven to 180℃/356F)
- * Pour hot water into a cup containing a tea bag, stir, take out the teabag and press the liquid within it into the cup. (N.B. Do not leave the tea bag to brew or infuse)
- Stir the herbs, spices, onions and garlic into the tea (to taste).
- Pour the mixture over your mushrooms and stir gently using a wooden spatula until the mushrooms have been evenly coated.
- Cover your bowl/tray with cling film (which is also known as saran/plastic wrap) or foil paper (aluminium/tin foil) and set aside in a cool dark place for at least an hour.
- Uncover your bowl/tray. If using a bowl, spread the mushrooms out across an oven tray. Place the tray in the oven, checking on it every 5-10mins.
- If the top of the mushrooms look like they’re drying out, stir them using a wooden spatula in order to rehydrate them.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked to your liking, take them out of the oven.
If you try the recipe, upload a picture of it to Instagram with the hashtag #lickyourplaterecipe so I can have a look at and like it.