We would like to introduce you to the first featured recipe on LickYourPlates. This recipe was developed by Rameca Lee of GreenHouzeEatz, an up-and-coming vegan food blog. To be notified of new recipes on GreenHouzeEatz, click here to subscribe to the mailing list. You can also keep up to date with Rameca’s culinary creations by liking and following the GreenHouzeEatz Facebook Page.
These lasagna rolls are delicious, nutritious and rather straightforward to make. We’re sure it’s a dish you would love to add to your repertoire.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe.
1 head of Cauliflower
3/4 cup Cashews
1/2 cup Walnuts
1 handful of Almond Slices
3/4 cup Coconut Beverage (alternatively, any plant milk)
2-3tbsp Nutritional Yeast
Onion Powder (to taste)
Garlic Powder (to taste)
Himalayan Pink Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)
Oregano (to taste)
Fresh Basil (to taste)
1 cup+ Spinach, sautéed
2tbsp Artichoke Antipasto (preferably, the Trader’s Joe brand)
680g of Vegan Meat Crumbles (preferably, Lightlife brand)
1 Onion, chopped
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
Caraway Seeds (to taste)
Seasonings (as used for a conventional meat sauce. Suggestions: oregano, fresh thyme, Italian seasoning and rosemary)
1 jar Pasta Sauce
1 can Crushed Tomatoes
- In a pot, boil the cauliflower with the cashews, walnuts and almond slices raw for about 20 min.
- When done, rinse with cool water during the straining process.
- Transfer about half of the boiled mixture to a blender or food processor alongside the coconut milk, nutritional yeast, onion powder garlic powder, Himalayan pink salt, black pepper, oregano, and fresh basil. Add more coconut milk till desired consistency is reached.
- While blending the first half add in the rest of the boiled mixture slowly in the rest slowly. It might be easier to use a food processor instead.
- Once well blended, pour half of the mixture into a bowl followed by the sautéed spinach and artichoke antipasto.
- Sauté the meat crumbles with the onions, peppers, garlic and seasonings of choice.
- Add about a cup of the cooked meat crumble to the mixture in the bowl. Stir to fully combine then place the bowl in the fridge.
- Purée the pre-made pasta sauce and crushed tomatoes together till smooth.
- Pour the tomato mixture into a pot with the rest of the meat crumbles. Gently cook to heat together.
- Cook the lasagna sheets in boiling water according to package instructions.
- Line a deep baking dish with a cookie sheet/parchment paper and rub some oil over it before pouring some of the tomato sauce into the dish to create a layer of sauce.
- Lay the cooked lasagna sheets flat and spread some of the cauliflower ricotta mixture onto one half of it before rolling it up tightly and transferring it to the baking dish.
- When the dish has been filled, pour more of the tomato sauce over it and place the dish in the oven at 350°F for 30-40mins.
Serve topped with vegan parmesan.
If you try the recipe, upload a picture of it to Instagram with the hashtag #lickyourplaterecipe so we can have a look at and like it.