I have collaborated with Gbemi, of Dubai Fit Foodie, to bring two awesome gluten-free pancake recipes to you!
As usual, my recipe is vegan. However, Gbemi’s is vegetarian, but I will put vegan alternatives to the two ingredients that make it vegetarian in parenthesis.
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Pancakes
- 16 tablespoons oatmeal flour (gluten-free oats run through a blender then finely sieved)
- 1/2 a teaspoon dry yeast
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- sugar (to taste)
- In a clean bowl, activate the yeast by mixing it in with the warm water and leaving it to sit for about 5-10 minutes
- In another bowl, combine the oatmeal, Himalayan pink salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- Once the yeast mixture has been fully activated (once no more froth is being formed), pour it into the bowl containing the dry ingredients and stir/whisk using a fork to completely combine the ingredients
- You might need to add a little more water to reach your desired pancake consistency, also, as the oat flour absorbs the water and thickens up over time, a little water will need to be added throughout the cooking process to thin out the batter each time it gets too thick.
- Using a non-stick pan (or a pan with some oil rubbed onto it using a clean paper towel), cook the pancakes on a low-medium heat only flipping them over after holes have stopped forming on the top.
- Serve with sunflower seeds, fruits, and/or syrup
Almond Butter & Banana Pancakes
- 1¼ cup gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 mashed banana
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 large egg (1tbsp of ground chia/flax seeds soaked in 3tbs of plant milk/water for 15-20mins)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-teaspoon honey (maple syrup/agave nectar)
- In a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond milk, banana, peanut butter, egg and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient and stir gently until a smooth thick batter is formed.
- Heat a large skillet on low heat.
- Lightly grease the pan with some cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Scoop a quarter cup of batter on the pan cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with your selection of toppings. You can also drizzle some more honey if you like things a bit sweeter.
Let us know if you try our recipes and be sure to check out Dubai Fit Foodie!