1 Carton/Can of Chickpeas/Black Beans, drained
1/2 of a Bell Pepper
1/2 of an Onion
Carrots, chopped into small pieces
Chilli Powder (optional)
- Pulse the chickpeas/black beans, onion, bell peppers, garlic, mushrooms and spices in a food processor till thick and smooth, but with a few small chunks.
- Stir in some sweetcorn, peas and carrots till evenly distributed.
- Adding in a tablespoon at a time, incorporate the flour/oats into the chickpea/black bean mixture until the mixture can be picked up and moulded.
- Using wet hands, roll some of the mixture into a ball and flatten between your palms to make a burger patty shape.
- Place the patties in the fridge for at least an hour or in the freezer for 30mins.
- Either place in an oven preheated to 190°C (370°F) or shallow fry only turning when one side is browned and set.
- Serve in a burger bun or as a side to a meal