Aubergine (Eggplant), sliced to half an inch thick
Breadcrumbs (run stale or dried bread through a food processor)
0.5tsp Curry Powder
Chilli powder (optional)
0.5tsp Maple Syrup/Brown Sugar
0.5tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pour some flour and breadcrumbs into two separate deep dishes
- In another bowl, combine two tablespoons of flour, the spices and liquids.
- Place each aubergine slice in the flour ensuring that they are fully coated. This will ensure some moisture is retained within the aubergine during the cooking process while ensuring a completely crispy exterior.
- Place the aubergine slices in the wet mixture and fully coat. This mixture will act as a glue for the breadcrumbs (N.B.: Alternatively, use a chia/flax egg for the glue and add the spices to the breadcrumbs).
- Ensure each aubergine is fully covered in breadcrumbs before placing on a baking tray lined with foil/parchment paper.
- Place the tray in a on oven preheated to 200°C (392°F).
- After 10mins, carefully turn each slice over sprinkling some more breadcrumbs unto the slices if some is lost during the turning process.
- 10-15mins late, repeat the above process.
- Leave the aubergines in the oven for another 20-30mins or until golden brown and crispy.
- Let the slices cool before serving and serve with a dipping sauce of choice.